Visy Group respects your privacy and is committed to complying with the privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act 2014 (Cth). The purpose of this document is to set out Visy Group's policy in relation to the collection, use, holding, disclosure and access of personal information relating to an individual held by Visy Group. In this Policy "Visy Group" means Visy Industries Australia Pty Ltd and all of its related bodies corporate.
Visy Group may collect personal information about an individual when the individual uses our website, mobile application services, engages our services, communicates with us, applies for employment with us or performs work at our direction. We typically collect this information directly from the individual, their business or through referrals. The type of information we collect will generally be limited to:
• contact details including name, addresses, phone numbers and email address;
• banking details to facilitate payment of accounts;
• insurance details where relevant to services being provided to us;
• exchanging information with credit reporting agencies; and
• professional and other qualifications and memberships relevant to an individual‟s relationship with Visy.
2. PURPOSE & USE
Visy Group is not in the business of collecting personal information and will only do so to facilitate the delivery of core business services. These may involve, without limitation:
- making contact and conducting business with individuals and organisations it deals with or may deal with;
- processing credit applications of, providing products and services to, and marketing to customers;
- selecting and doing business with suppliers and other industry participants;
- appointing, doing business with and utilising the services of service providers and professional advisers (including contractors, consultants, advisers, auditors);
- processing business transactions including sales and payments;
- addressing internal management requirements;
- managing its business, corporate risk and funding functions; and
- managing its corporate strategies, including transfer/sale of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables).
3. HOLDING & SECURITY
Visy Group takes reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Visy Group retains information for so long as is reasonable for business purposes or as permitted or required by law. Subject to any legal requirements Visy Group will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it was collected, in accordance with this policy.
Visy Group will only disclose personal information:
- to Visy Group employees or third parties who are involved in the purposes outlined in paragraph 2 above;
- to Visy Group employees or third parties involved in an investigation of concerns that unlawful activity has been, is being, or may be engaged in; or
- as required or authorized by law.
Visy Group may disclose personal information about an individual to a third party in a foreign country for the purposes outlined above, including, without limitation, its IT service providers based in India and the Philippines, where:
- Visy Group reasonably believes that the recipient is subject to a law binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles of fair handling of the information that are similar to the principles set out in the Privacy Act;
- Visy Group has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information, which we have transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the principles set out in the Privacy Act;
- the individual has consented to the transfer;
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with the individual or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to the individual's request; or
- the transfer is for the benefit of the individual, it is impracticable to obtain the consent of the individual to that transfer; and if it were practicable to obtain such consent, the individual would be likely to give it.
5. ACCESS & update of information held
On request by a person Visy Group will take reasonable steps to let the person know, generally, what sort of personal information it holds, for what purposes and how it collects, holds and uses and discloses that information. Visy Group will only deny a request for access or limit access where permitted under the Privacy Act.
If an individual can establish that personal information held by Visy Group about the individual is not accurate, complete and up to date, Visy will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
A person may seek to correct their personal information held by Visy by submitting a "service now" request to the Business Solutions Group (employee request), or by contacting the relevant Visy business employee who has responsibility for the information if know (non-employee request). If the owner / holder of the information is unknown, the person can contact the Visy Privacy Officer directly to arrange this change through the contact details contained in this policy.
Visy Group will take reasonable steps to permanently 'de-identify' or purge personal information where it is no longer needed for the purpose it was collected.
Unless advised to the contrary Visy Group assumes that individuals who provide personal information to Visy Group consent to the management of such information in accordance with this policy.
7. update of policy
Visy Group reserves the right to modify this policy from time to time without notice and amendments will be effective immediately upon posting the amended policy to our website.
8. FURTHER INFORMATION, QUERIES & COMPLAINTS
If you require further information regarding this policy or have any privacy related queries or complaints, please contact:
Visy Privacy Officer
11/2 Southbank Boulevard
Southbank Victoria 3006
Telephone: 03 9247 4777
Fax: 03 9247 4747