VISY LINE RIGHT
There are many opportunities for errors to occur at various points on any production line.
Left undetected, a simple setup error can result in production downtime, rework, waste or even a product recall. Worse still is the potential damage to brand image or relationships with supply chain partners and consumers.
VLR is the software to hardware connection framework automating accuracy at all the common points of risk using inspection devices such as vision sensors and barcode readers.
Online coding and labelling devices are set to print the right data each and every time using a single command from an operator panel. When a change in product request is made at the control panel the approved data is transmitted to all printers and labellers up and down the line. All vision sensors and scanners are set to look for the correct packaging and labels. If defects are detected alerts, line stop and even real time rejection from the line is possible.
- Reduce the risk of coding and labelling errors from occurring with data for all devices managed from a central database
- Synchronise the start and stop commands transmitted to multiple packing line devices from a single operator input
- Check, inspect and reject defective and non conforming products in real time with connected vision cameras, sensors and scanners
- Report production rates, batch counts and line performance metrics using data extracted in real time
A TYPICAL PRODUCTION LINE SCENARIO WITH VISY LINE RIGHT
- The primary packaging is selected for automated filling. It is critical that the correct packaging is loaded into the filler.
- A vision camera scans to detect missing, incorrect or wrongly entered data printed on the product.
- Up to 360 degree vision inspection of labelled containers can detect and reject wrong or poorly applied labels.
- Barcode scanners at the end of the line verify packaging and barcode labels are correct and successfully applied to both cartons and pallets.
Packaging lines generally consist of multiple machines working together to get the product filled, labelled, coded, packaged, verified and palletised. Having many devices that require independent programming presents the risk that a machine could get out of sync with the other machines. This could mean producing products with the wrong date code, incorrect label or even cartons and barcodes. VLR helps to manage this risk by synchronising the control of these devices over a simple network connection.
As production rates increase the process of monitoring quality becomes even more challenging. The use of inspection cameras, sensors and scanners can help to monitor select quality elements in real time. Product labels can be checked with a vision camera to ensure the correct label is in use on all sides of a product. Dates codes can be checked for presence, legibility and accuracy. Product weight and fill levels can be verified with scales and X-ray systems. All of the devices can be connected to VLR providing a single point of management and visibility.
Recording and Reporting
Wherever VLR has a connection it has a data collection point. The data being accumulated from all of the connected machines is available for on line performance management, remote production recording and quality control. This is business intelligence collected from the packing line in real time and made available via the VLR reporting interface.
WIN THE FIGHT TO KEEP THE LINE RIGHT