Revolutionising packaging for retail environments
The popularity of shelf-ready packaging has grown exponentially since its introduction into the European and UK markets in 2005, and the trend has also gained traction in the Australian market, with retailers continuing to push into the area. Supermarkets in particular are extolling the benefits of shelf-ready packaging, with Woolworths, Coles and Aldi championing its facilitation of simplified stock rotation and reduced waste.
The advantages of effectively executed shelf-ready packaging are many; in addition to ensuring the safe passage of your product, shelf-ready packaging affords you a brand-true aesthetic representation, no matter where your product is displayed. Shelf-ready means faster stock replenishment, easy back-of-store identification and improved category aesthetics.
In recognition of the complex retail environment, Visy are continuously investing resources and capital into our shelf-ready capabilities. We are guided by the established ‘five easies’ pertaining to this sector, as determined by retailers:
- Easy to identify.
- Easy to open.
- Easy to shelve.
- Easy to shop.
- Easy to dispose.
Visy provide a range of shelf ready packaging solutions for a wide range of categories and formats.
- Two-piece, shelf-ready cartons - eliminates untidy perforations and the need for knives in store to cut open the carton.
- Regular, single piece boxes, with perforations which easily separate the shelf portion of the box from the discarded portion.
- Our corrugated trays do not require perforations and can be designed for use with removable plastic wrap, or standalone packs. Suited to rigid, robust products such as cans and bottles.
- Wraparound packaging is a one-piece solution which uses perforations to separate the shelf and discardable portions. Excellent for high-volume products. Specific machinery is required to pack and assemble each box. Wraparound packaging requires a glued closure.
- All of our solutions can be modified to hand-assembled or machine-assembled.
- Our range of board grades, structural designs and packaging formats can be tailored to suit customer requirements.
- Printability, weight and strength of our paper is designed to optimise the performance of product to ensure its survival through complex supply chains.
- Visy introduced Rflute™ in response to market demand for higher print quality, shelf-ready packaging. Find out more.
- The high-end graphic capabilities of Microflute offer endless structural design alternatives.
- Visy offer a number of printing options relating to shelf-ready packaging: flexographic, pre-print, and litho laminate.
An Innovation by Visy
Created by Visy specifically for this market, Selectify™ is an online tool designed to help customers by streamlining the selection process for shelf-ready product, thus reducing the time associated to product packaging development.