Visy official distributors and system integrators for CoBots
Visy Automation announced at the Auspack 2017 show that they are official distributors and system integrators for the Universal Robots A/S range of collaborative robots, commonly called CoBots.
Visy team members Richard Green and Chris Cooper display how the robot is safe to operate without a safety enclosure between the robot and the crowd. The Universal Robot display has drawn major interest from manufacturers big and small.
Derek Ford from Visy Automation says companies both big and small are growing increasingly interested in CoBots:
Universal Robots has reinvented industrial robotics with lightweight and flexible robot arms. The Danish-designed robots automate production in all industries – even in SMEs that regard automation as prohibitively expensive, cumbersome, and difficult to integrate.
- Simple to program
- Easy to install
- Flexible deployment
- Adjustable safety functions
- Collaborative robots – can run without safety guarding, based on the results of a risk assessment
- Fast payback period (quick ROI)
- Works independently without any need for human monitoring and control • Extremely quiet – no irritating robot noise
- Modular design
- TÜV approved
- True Absolute Encoders - no need for encoder battery backup
- Multiple I/O’s - seamless integration with external machinery